The 10 Commandments
Hebrew people call them the 'Ten Sayings'. Most Temples have these clearly written, in Hebrew, on a wall
The Ten Commandments are the fundamental laws of the Hebrews which tell the Hebrew people how they should live. Many countries base their laws on these rules too.
The Ten Commandments
- You shall have no other Gods but me.
- You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
- You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God.
- You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy.
- Respect your father and mother.
- You must not kill.
- You must not commit adultery.
- You must not steal.
- You must not give false evidence against your neighbor.
10. You must not be envious of your neighbor’s goods. You shall not be envious of his house nor his wife, nor anything that belongs to your neighbour.